The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Arthur Ward
HOW CAN TRANSITION COACHING HELP ME?
Through circumstance or choice, life rarely follows the path you had mapped out for yourself. There are unexpected turns, bumps, and obstacles. You may find you want, or need, to re-evaluate and change course. Making changes can be scary, but together we can see them as adventures leading to exciting new destinations.
Transition coaching can help you in the following areas:
- Reinvent yourself; professionally, personally
- Enter a new stage; empty-nest, middle age, retirement
- Relationship changes; marriage, separation, divorce, death of a spouse
- Job; loss of, or new
TRANSITION CAN BE A POSITIVE THING
Facing a life transition often means stepping outside your comfort zone. Transition and change of any kind can be inconvenient, uncertain and scary. Partnering with a Life Coach can be a winning approach to handling change successfully. Making change of any kind takes consistent focus and energy. As your positive psychology life coach I want to help you discover that with a fresh view, looking at obstacles that may come up, and an action oriented game plan; facing a major life change can be an empowering experience with a positive outcome.
- Position yourself to navigate a possible transition on the horizon successfully from the start
- Divorce – even if by your choice this is a challenging transition; a significant change, often scary, financial repercussions, ripple effect into other relationships such as children, family & friends. There is always a chance for growth coming out of a relationship as well as a chance to redefine yourself to a better version of you.
- Empty Nest – a chance to reinvent yourself, find time for yourself, play more
- Loss of Job or New Job – this is a chance to look at both what you like & don’t, what you want to do in your next role, improve upon skills you can take to a new job that will ultimately be a better fit.
- Balance – desire to reevaluate and rebalance priorities, learn how to shift your focus
- Physical Move – new community, down sizing
Transition of any kind means dealing with change. Change does not need to be a “4 letter word”. We can face change head on and find opportunity within. From transition and change you can find stronger self-esteem, self-empowerment, and self-fulfillment. You can discover opportunities to flourish and thrive. You can learn skills that lead to greater resiliency, skills we are often not taught or practiced in. We can look at transition as an opportunity to define who we want to be. I am passionate about helping people face change and transitions and come out the other side stronger and happier than before.